IMPORTANT NOTE: We will never share a Subscriber's Contractor database with another Subscriber and we only pass Contractor information to Subscribers authorised by the Contractor.
- 1.1 Temphis Limited ("we" or "us") take the privacy of your information very seriously. Our Privacy and Data Protection Policy is designed to tell you, the Contractor who has signed up to use our service, or you, the Subscriber who has subscribed to receive Availability and Profile Data from Contractors, about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you or your business that may be provided via this website or collected through our booking form or otherwise.
- 1.2 By using the App, Site or any services we offer, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information about you in accordance with, and are agreeing to be bound by, this Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
- 1.3 Temphis Limited is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). The Act sets out a number of important principles that organisations must apply when processing personal data. For more information see http://www.ico.gov.uk/.
2. Ways that we collect information
- 2.1 We may collect and process the following personal information or data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- 2.1.1 Certain information required to use the App or Site or any other services we offer, including the name and address of you and/or your business and/or your employees;
- 2.1.2 A record of any correspondence between you and us;
- 2.1.3 A record of the bookings made through the App or Site and other interactions with the App or Site;
- 2.1.4 Information we may require from you when you report a problem or complaint.
- 2.2 In addition to the information listed in clause 2.1, if you are a Contractor we may collect and process the following further personal information or data about you:
- 2.2.1 Information relating to your availability for bookings;
- 2.2.2 Details of your previous business experience and/or employment and/or contract history and any other information you upload to your profile;
- 2.3 We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You do not have to supply any personal information to us but you may not be able to provide your availability and profile data to employers and recruitment agencies without doing so.
- 2.4 Information may also be gathered through the App and the Site without you actively providing it, through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. These methods do not collect or store personal information.
- 2.5 An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. It is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address can only be traced back to your ISP or the large company or organisation that provides your internet access (such as your employer if you are at work).
- 2.6 We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and to administer and improve the site.
- 3.1We may use this information to:
- 3.1.1 assist in the administration of bookings;
- 3.1.2 assist in making general improvements to our services;
- 3.1.3 carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- 3.1.4 contact you and notify you about changes to our services or bookings or the services we offer (except where you have asked us not to do this);
- 3.1.5 analyse how our services are used.
- 3.2 In addition to the uses set out in clause 3.1, if you are a Contractor, we may also use this information to assist employers and recruitment agencies in providing contracts and/or other employment opportunities to you;
4. Sharing your information
- 4.1 In order to safeguard the information we collect from you we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
- 4.1.1 our servers are protected by both hardware and software firewalls;
- 4.1.2 If you are a Subscriber we may supply certain information relating to bookings and your business to Contractors who you have agreed to share information with. We never supply details of a Subscriber's Authorised Contractors to another Subscriber. However, an individual Contractor can request that their Availability and Profile Data is shared with more than one Subscriber;
- 4.1.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- 4.1.4 in order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our Services that may apply;
- 4.1.5 we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected;
- 4.1.6 to protect the rights, property, or safety of Temphis Limited, our customers, or any other third parties.
- 4.2 Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
- 5.1 We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- 5.1.1 If you are a Contractor we will supply your Profile and Availability Data to those subscribers to our service who you have given permission to access your data:
- 5.1.2 our data processing storage facilities are sited in secure locations to prevent unauthorised access;
- 5.1.3 all data stored on our server is encrypted through HTTP Secure, an industry standard encryption method that encrypts the data between your computer and our server so that in the event of your network being insecure no data is passed in a format that could easily be deciphered.
6. Access to and correction of personal information
- 6.1 We will take all reasonable steps in accordance with our legal obligations to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession.
- 6.2 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to see details of any personal information that we hold about you please contact us by way of our contact page.
7. Other websites
- 7.2 We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of sites that are not operated by us, even if you access them via the App and/or the Site and/or any other service that is operated by us. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- 7.3 In addition, if you came to this App or Site via a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. Transferring your information outside of Europe
- 8.2 If you use our App or Site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- 8.3 By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EU in the manner described above.
10. Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by way of our contact page.